[VHFcontesting] Contest Tweaks?

To: k3uhf@earthlink.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contest Tweaks?
From: Fred Lass <felasstic@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 09:39:41 -0700 (PDT)
I believe that nothing happened because there was no widespread support for the
changes. It makes me wonder where the suggestions came from in the first place.

There may be a need for tweaks in the contest.  It will be hard to accomplish
tweaks when controversial change is proposed instead.

I have a question.  Do the point values on each band still make sense?  (1
point for 6 & 2, 2 points for 222 & 432, 4 points for microwave.)  In my
opinion, back when microwave activity was low and sections were multipliers the
bonuses were valid.  If bonus points per QSO are still valid with grid squares,
are the current values the best numbers?

73,  Fred  K2TR

frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@earthlink.net> wrote:
So what ever happened to all the rule changes and contest tweaking anyhow?
frank bechdoldt