Re: [VHFcontesting] Andros 2 piece N connectors

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Andros 2 piece N connectors
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:09:41 -0700
On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 10:07:02PM -0500, flearl@msn.com wrote:

>         I am getting ready to install my VHF/UHF antennas soon. Anyone use
> the Andros 2-piece N connector?  What do you think?  I am a bit skeptical,
> always thought Amphenol made the best N connectors, was unaware these
> existed. These would be used on Belden 9913F7 cable.

I have used these with RG8 (bury-flex) and RG11 coax and even RG8X
(with adapter).

The biggest issue I have with them is that the Bury Flex's center conductor
is too large to fit into the center conductor - so you have to trim off some
of the strands to make it fit.  This isn't a very "fun" thing to have to
do.

They would not approach the WX proof ability of the standard N connectors
with gaskets.  However, they sure are a lot easier to put together.

Tree N6TR / K7RAT - ABCDE
tree@kkn.net