Re: [VHFcontesting] Banning The Use Of 144.200 MHz During Contests

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Banning The Use Of 144.200 MHz During Contests
From: Alex <extraham@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:01:18 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Jimk8mr wrote:

>Over the years the calling frequency question has been beaten to death,  with
>the situation basically being that different parts of the country have
>different issues.

Right. And this is a problem for some, for what, 10 days out of the 365?

Please, ya'll keep using .200 when you rotate your beams in our direction in
search for contacts.  With you rotating your beam and me rotating mine and me
having to tune around, your 5 second CQ call is easily missed and the chances
we find each other are very slim at best. I for one really like the idea that
there's one frequency I can count on for stations to appear when they point
their beams at me or when propagation favors my direction.

73,
--Alex KR1ST (EM92)
http://www.kr1st.com