Re: [VHFcontesting] Banning The Use Of 144.200 MHz During Contests

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Banning The Use Of 144.200 MHz During Contests
From: Bob Witte K0NR <list@k0nr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:56:52 -0600
VHF Contesting List:
I guess this isn't the time to propose allowing contest operation on
146.52 MHz. :-)

Mostly kidding, but not completely,

Bob K0NR

From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>

To: "'Svhfs@Svhfs.Org'" <svhfs@svhfs.org>,<fourlanders@contesting.com>,
<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>

Hello everyone.  I am the Southeastern Division representative to the
recently formed VHF UHF Advisory Committee (VUAC).  The VUAC was formed to
provide a resource of experienced VHF/UHF/Microwave hams to advise on
VHF/UHF/Microwave contesting and related matters.  The VUAC has received
it's first assignment which I have copied below verbatim:

Is there a rationale to change the VHF/UHF contest rules to not allow the
use of 144.200 (the 2 meter SSB calling frequency) during ARRL contests?