Re: [VHFcontesting] Proper use of Call Frequencies

To: "John Geiger" <w5td@lcisp.com>, <k1ep@mgef.org>, <J999w@aol.com>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Proper use of Call Frequencies
From: "John Geiger" <w5td@lcisp.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:10:13 -0000
And what is wrong with labelling it a "contest" if that is what it really
is?  The best I can think of is that they label it an operating event to
avoid offending the contest hating crowd that we see on eham.net all the
time, or to avoid scaring off people who don't think they are contest
material (whatever that means).

73s John W5TD