Re: [VHFcontesting] question about portable operator class

To: "curtis roseman" <croseman@usc.edu>,"Jeff Embry (K3OQ)" <jeffrey.embry@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] question about portable operator class
From: "crawfish" <crawfish@surfmore.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:40:51 -0500
Curt has a point. It is possible to put up enough stacked antennas with a
QRP station that his footprint would be equal (or near to) a station at the
150 watt level, therefore, his capability COULD be equal to a 150 watt
station using modest antennas. Of course, I realize that the 150 watt
stations could nearly approximate the high-power stations, but there is that
spirit of competition. Myself, if I can get loose and do it, is operate
rover and find those nice hilltops. If I was at home with 10 watts, I would
just compete in the low-power class with the 150 watt stations and put my
efforts in the antennas and feedlines and get the antennas high as
reasonably possible.
                                         Joe W4AAB