Re: [VHFcontesting] question about portable operator class

To: "Jeff Embry (K3OQ)" <jeffrey.embry@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] question about portable operator class
From: curtis roseman <croseman@usc.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:19:08 -0500
Gentlemen:

I agree with K0NR regarding the goals of running QRP.   It can be fun,
challenging, adventurous, economical, and a lot of other things.

I would not support a QRP category for home stations in the ARRL contests.  (We
do have a QRP category that includes home stations, by the way, in the CQWW VHF
Contest.)    We do not need another entry category--the competition is already
spread thin because of the many categories, and with the current set we have a
variety of opportunities for anyone to participate.  The current ARRL Single
Operator Portable [QRP] category is good because it emphasizes getting out into
the field; and many of us can do it with relatively simple equipment and
antennas.

73, Curt Roseman k9aks