Re: [VHFcontesting] June 06 VHF QSO Party LCRs now available

To: steve kavanagh <skavanagh73@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] June 06 VHF QSO Party LCRs now available
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 07:17:41 -0800
On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 09:21:16AM -0500, steve kavanagh wrote:
> I'm glad to see this.  I do believe that if a
> computerized process is used to remove QSOs from logs,
> the results really should be justified and the rules
> by which the corrected score is determined should be
> transparent.  Alas, not being a member (seeing as the
> ARRL does not represent me to my gov't, etc.) it seems
> I won't be able to see my own report.

You sould be able to get a copy by emailing the ARRL
and asking for it.

> In K5TR's report there are 11 dupes, 4 incorrect
> exchanges and one "not in log" for a total of 16 QSOs
> that should not count (or 17 including penalty QSOs),
> but the difference between raw and net QSOs is only
> 13.

I am not sure - and I do not seem to have enough
information with me on this computer to tell much.

I will take a look at this later and report back.

> Can someone explain these apparent discrepancies to me

My pas experiance with LCR reports is that they often
make sense when explained but that sometimes the
text in them is less than clear.  If I am making any
sense myself.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net