Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ VHF Contest, a two band contest

To: "John Geiger" <aa5jg@lcisp.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ VHF Contest, a two band contest
From: "Jeffrey Embry" <jeffrey.embry@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:13:33 -0400
John,

Perhaps you're right!!!!  However given the time of year, there are
things that I would rather do if the weather cooperates.  I don't mind
putting in a few hours during this contest...and if I do decide to
head to the hills, I don't want to have to worry about all the bands.
Just doesn't make sense in my opinion.  That is for other people that
have the desire to do such.

I think the intent of this contest, when it started, was to give folks
that had the new HF +6 and 2 meter single box radios something to do
withour worrying about buying more stuff.  Now a few of the rigs have
UHF as well...so that may be worth thinking about.

As far as the robot...I don't recall ever having a problem with it.
But it's demeanor seems to change from contest to contest.

BTW...I do happen to like single-band contests, namely the 10 meter
contest and the 160 meter contests (The Stew Perry Distance Challenge
being my favorite)....there is nothing wrong with them.

Jeff Embry, K3OQ
FM19je
ARCI #11643, FPQRP #-696,
QRP-L # 67, NAQCC #25, ARS #1733
AMSAT LM-2263

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large