Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ VHF Contest, a two band contest

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ VHF Contest, a two band contest
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:21:43 -0700 (PDT)
----- Original Message ----

I suppose I am at a loss as to why anyone would think the two band format is
better for beginners?  If 432 MHz were available more contacts could be made by
participating stations, how could that be bad?

Eric,
I'm not certain that it is limited to just beginners, and "better" is a
relative term.  Because it is only two bands, it changes the dynamics of the
event.  Strategies are different, which adds to the fun (for me, anyway).
Additionally, it is a truly international event...which I like, too.

Bravo, CQ!

Ev, W2EV