Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering

To: "Nate Duehr" <nate@natetech.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering
From: "GeoffK" <gkrauss@stny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:40:49 -0400
> In fact, I think it would be an appropriate requirement of this list to
> require real names and call signs on all postings, unless they're not a
> ham yet, and just interested in discussing contesting.  There's no need
> for anonymous posting here at all.

I heartily second this suggestion! I just signed up for this list and this
was one of the first postings I received; review of the objected-to item
tells me, as an attorney, that an actionable case of defamation appears to
have been committed. One must assume that this was not even just a
spur-of-the-moment outburst, but was an act quite deliberate and desirous of
hurting the reputations of those defamed, SINCE the poster took an
apparently well-thought-out route to hide its identity.

Making the use of real identity [and call if the poster has one] mandatory
is the best way that I can think of to prevent further occurrences of such
garbage.

Respectfully, and proud to use my name/call!.
    Geoff Krauss, Esq. WA2GFP
(now celebrating 49 years of VHF+ activities)