Re: [VHFcontesting] One thing I learned

To: "Joe Serocki" <joeserocki@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] One thing I learned
From: kb7dqh@donobi.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:19:17 -0800 (PST)
You are right about the Icom 706. Frontend "broad as a barn door!"
My rover station has much filtering on those bands to greatly reduce
interstation interference, which helps  when  at locations with lots of
"non-ham" RF!  Nothing works on "in-band" noise, except DSP!
The local channel 13 transmitter noises up 222 Mhz here terribly...

Not only that, someone is making something that just hammers the heck out
of the 23cm band... Get into a populated area and see what I mean...

Eric
KB7DQH