Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF sked alternative

To: wa4kxy@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF sked alternative
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:17:15 -0500
Wow Jim, I can't disagree more! I give out schedules with tongue
firmly planted in cheek to those that insist, but my experience in the
last few years is that we hardly ever complete on them. (caveat: I
live and operate in the northeast) Generally what we do is CQ hard on
247, and Xtof can generally pick up microwave-capable stations and
pass them over to me on the uwaves often enuf to keep me busy. I even
pick up randoms/tailends on 903/1296 pretty often. The only schedule
that's been useful for us is a T-30min hook up with one of the big
stations for systems check before the test ..

ymmv
de w1rt/john