Re: [VHFcontesting] A question of altitude

To: jcplatt1@mmm.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A question of altitude
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 18:12:27 +0000
As usual, I get great information from this reflector.  I still don't know what
I'm going to do, but at least now I have more specific information on which to
base a decision.  What  will likely do is to leave it at the lower height for
now unless or until I run across the "perfect" telescoping solution.  As of
yet, I have not fund such a beast.

Now... for the next question, has anybody tried the Hy-gain telescoping masts?
It looks like the upper sections would be too small, but the bottom 4 sections
might do the trick.  Would the sections rattle around a lot when nested and
would it keep the array pointed "North"?

Steve

From: jcplatt1@mmm.com