Re: [VHFcontesting] A question of altitude

To: <k4gun@comcast.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A question of altitude
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:20:13 +0000
In real life, at K1WHS, I seem to remember having problem working rovers with
low antennas (7-10ft) on 6M, and they nearly always had a drop off in front of
them.. I guess what I'm saying is, over a, say, 200 mile path, with the same
rover, there didn't seem to be much difference if he was on flat ground or
overlooking a cliff.. the signal was still a lot weaker than we thought it
should be.. I guess we really need some testing here.. Guess I'll do that in
June and report back...

bill, K1DY