[VHFcontesting] Use of Sequencers for Transverters

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Use of Sequencers for Transverters
From: pipkin29292@mypacks.net
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 16:49:14 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Regarding using transverters, I concur that a seperate rig for 2 meters is a
must. If you do implement transverters that power brick amplifiers, it is
strongly reccommended that both be hard keyed with a sequencer. If you rely on
RF sensing in the brick to key the amplifier, the transverter could be damaged
by feeding a mismatch in the amplifier before it keys with RF sensing. The
sequencer should first key the amp, then the transverter. The menu in the radio
that sets keying delay should also be set to max.

AH8M/R Bob