Re: [VHFcontesting] Anyone interested in grids CN70, CN71

To: k6pzb@yahoo.com, VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Anyone interested in grids CN70, CN71
From: Bruce Kripton <bkripton@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 20:13:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John,

  After missing the ARRL June Contest this year (family and emergencies trump
contesting) I'm planning on making up for it during the CQ WW VHF ....  It'll
just be DM12, not necessarily rare, but the current plan is to run long boom
antennas on both bands - possibly stacked for the long haul stuff, and then
smaller yagis and vertical omni's for the "close in" stuff. All modes and
Digital are planned ...  Almost all of Arizona and the western parts of Nevada
are relatively easy targets, up north in California to Sacramento is a bit
harder but not too bad even without any propagation ..   If I get a pair of
'JHV's up as planned, six could be very interesting ...

  That said, on your side, if six is open even a little, 100 watts and small
yagi's are more than enough to work hundreds if not thousands of miles ...
hope to work you if you in two weeks ..

  de kg6iyn

John Watrous <k6pzb@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I'm considering a trip to CN71 on July 19, 20th and am wondering if anyone
would be interested in these grids.  I'd only have 100 watts and fairly small
antennas on 6 and 2m.

Let me know,

John

k6pzb@yahoo.com