Re: [VHFcontesting] Limited Roving - Worth the Effort?

To: Vhfcontesting Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Limited Roving - Worth the Effort?
From: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 21:05:15 -0600
On Jul 6, 2008, at 8:49 PM, Marshall Williams wrote:

> The big station(s) will announce on 144.200Mhz that
> W5XYZ/R is in EL28(a rare one) and is moving to 144.175Mhz to work
> everyone that is interested.

This is how it works out here in the wide open West too.   We usually
go up, not down, but other than that... 144.200 is the place to be
when you hit a new grid square as a rover around here.

And more interestingly -- *Technically* only the multi-ops can take
advantage of that information.  Any passing of rover location
information to any of the single-ops by a multi-op is spotting, and
not allowed under the current rules.

Guess what... Frankly, none of us out here care.  When the "crowd" is
the same 10 folks every contest, I doubt anyone's going to bust a
single op for working a rover they heard some multi-op make an
announcement about.

But truly, a single-op who's a stickler about the rules would have to
take a pass on that contact (and tell the multi-op to knock off the
announcements about where the rovers are).

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate@natetech.com