Re: [VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 71, Issue 11

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 71, Issue 11
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:01:21 -0800
To answer James’s question :

The issue is more the manipulation of the rules and lack of forethought in the
creation of the rules. That being taking something that was meant to encourage
new people to our sport and manipulating it to work as a team to win all three
classes of roving. This is like having Bobbie Fisher showing up to the
elementary school chess club and  beating all the 8 year old kids in 5 moves
and using the results to declare himself national champ.

That being said I’m sure some would compete in a limited fashion just to see
how far they could go, So it needs to be limited at or below 1.3 ghz.  That’s
where the commercial stuff is and that what the class was made for.

This would not punish the microwave people. They are not beginners.
 The process of healing of ALL contesting will begin with open logs.