Re: [VHFcontesting] rig recommendations for portable operation

To: "'Mike \(KA5CVH\) Urich'" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] rig recommendations for portable operation
From: "Joe Serocki" <joeserocki@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 21:12:26 -0600
Mike has a most excellent point. For HF the ATAS is a great antenna. On 6+ it
is nothing more than a rock that tunes, you get no usable output.

FT-100's could have been a great radio, but personally I had two and they were
fraught with issues. Between bad programming, a front end that blows itself up
for fun, and fans that don’t run enough, mine were annoying. Maybe someone else
has had better experience with them.

Joe Serocki