Re: [VHFcontesting] rig recommendations for portable operation

To: Joseph Shupienis <jshupienis@ccac.edu>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] rig recommendations for portable operation
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:47:02 +0000 (UTC)

I'm pretty happy with my IC7000 for roving.  Its quiet, reliable and as clear
as I can expect.  The voice keyer is nice, as is the memory functions, once you
get the hang of using them.  I do have a cooling fan, but that's not a big
deal.

My only complaint is the factory mic.  The PTT switch failed and I haven't been
able to fix it.  I bought a replacement, but haven't been happy with it.  There
are up and down buttons that don't work, even though its an ICOM mic and rated
ofr use with the 7000.

Steve

K4GUN/R