Re: [VHFcontesting] Lunch box roving

To: Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Lunch box roving
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:00:18 -0600
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:52, Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's be serious here.  The stations put together by N6NB are obviously
> fantastic.  They allow a stone cold novice to plug it in and win a category
> as long as they follow the group.

Mike asks

While a novel approach in that it does get newbies on the air and
activates the bands I have to question, how does play into "advancing
the art"?

As an option, what I would like to see in this regard is several
rovers traveling together getting to a spot, working all the stations
(other than their own) that they can helping one another "tweak" out
every possible "Q" that they can before moving on to the next stop.
Now this would be a true learning experience.   Now what we do is have
a "team" category for these groups and they can total up all their
"Q's" for a team score and are only judged in that category.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

If pro is opposite of con.