[VHFcontesting] Grid Squaring and Scoring Changes

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Grid Squaring and Scoring Changes
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:01:20 -0700
Jon - You wrote:

Second, regarding distance scoring, I have seen a lot of comments that
it would be a good idea, but I have not seen any suggestions as to
what the rules would actually look like ..... so make some
suggestions. When doing so, consider how to handle 6m, not to mention
the uW bands. Also, design the rules so that they are enforceable and
understandable.

I would suggest the 10 GHz contest rules are a good place to start
with formulating distance based scoring. Look on the ARRL web page for
them.
As to 6M, that is a different beast. I think we should implement the
distance scoring for the UHF contest, which does not have 6M, or for
the January contest, which is unlikely to have sporadic E. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey