[VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting - Distance Scoring

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting - Distance Scoring
From: jcplatt1@mmm.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:53:32 -0600
snip >
I would suggest the 10 GHz contest rules are a good place to start with
formulating distance based scoring. Look on the ARRL web page for them. As
to 6M, that is a different beast. I think we should implement the distance
scoring for the UHF contest, which does not have 6M, or for the January
contest, which is unlikely to have sporadic E. - Duffey
< unsnip

Hi Duffey.  Yup, I'm familiar with the 10 GHz contest.   As W9FZ pointed
out, it has its quirkiness too.  Again, the big three are January, June,
and September, all which include 6m.   If distance scoring is something
that we want to consider, what might the rules look like considering 6m
(and the uW too).  I say this not just directed to you, but to all VHF
contesters .... if we want to seriously consider distance based scoring,
what would the rules look like ?   The rules need to be enforceable and
understandable.  Also consider the impact to all the logging software and
if any rule changes would require upgrades.

73, Jon
W0ZQ