[VHFcontesting] psyched out

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] psyched out
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:49:52 -0800

A snip from paul, A guy I really do like, becuase he usually makes me think.

"A solution for achieving high esteem: If you find that you probably won't win,
Drop back and consider just having fun by competing with those whom you have
similar circumstances, try to improve on previous scores that you've made or
just have fun in the activity by participating."73, Paul, K7CWK7CW

Come on Paul, the group in California has no/few peers becasuse the majority of
rovers honor the intent of the ARRL  rulemakers who put value in the contest.

Even if I was to take out my brain and say lunchg box/ grid circling  roving in
the begining class and traditional class was fair it would not be sportsmanlike
or good for the contest as a whole.  The best example is profesional sports
with salary cap. Its done to keep things competive. Would people be interested
in sports if stienbrenner exclusively cloned the best players in baseball
history and the Yankees beat every team for a 100 perent record for the next
decade?  People in Boston aLLREADY KNOW HE'S DOING THIS. If the rest of
baseball said it was unethical, would it be wrong for the other teams to
address it in a political manner?

Count me in to help with distance scoring ARRL sponsered or not. ARRl fixes
this issue or not.  There needs to be more variety in the VHF bedroom, or we
might have to step out with that HF chick down the street.