Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF contest changes

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF contest changes
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:57:09 -0700 (PDT)
HERE WE GO AGAIN!

--- On Tue, 5/26/09, frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The ARRL program services committee does not have the guts
> to enforce what they call the spirit of the rules,

And what is the defined "spirit of the rules"?  That is a pretty subjective
term as everyone has their own opinion as to the spirit of the rules.
Obviously the ARRL doesn't believe that grid circling violates their definition
of the spirit of the rules, and their opinion is the only one that counts..

> >From what I can tell this has achieved little to
> relieve the controversy around roving

No, but shutting down all VHF reflectors might relieve a non-controversy
controversy.

> Come on CQ magazine make some other type of contests with a
> board of dirrectors willing address issues head on.

And what is the issue here?  That you didn't win?  I am not attacking you
personally Frank, but everytime this comes up, it seems that those most upset
about it are upset because someone else won and they didn't.  Try moving to SW
Oklahoma if you don't want to win.

73s JOhn AA5JG