Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules
From: "Nate Duehr" <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:14:59 -0600
On Wed, 27 May 2009 12:07:53 -0400, "Steve Clifford" <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
said:
> What the heck?  What happened to the VUAC recommendation about limiting
> the
> number of rover to rover contacts?  If the ARRL is not going to address
> grid
> circling in the Limited Rover category, I don't see why they bothered to
> make any changes at all.

Take it easy Steve, in that regard they already implemented 100
rover-to-rover contacts maximum during the first version of the contest
rules this year.  It's in there.

It completely disregards the published goal of the contest, and doesn't
tackle the problem head-on... if it's even a problem... but there's
something in the rules to attempt to address the perceived "problem" of
grid-circling.

Personally, I still don't see it as a problem... it's just a strategy.
A strategy for winners.  Not a strategy I particularly LIKE, but it's a
radio operating contest, not a popularity contest.

Nate WY0X

--
  Nate Duehr
  nate@natetech.com