Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to Rover Limited and such

To: "Dan Evans" <dan.evans@insightbb.com>, jcplatt1@mmm.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to Rover Limited and such
From: "Nate Duehr" <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:00:16 -0600
On Wed, 27 May 2009 18:52:21 -0400, "Dan Evans"
<dan.evans@insightbb.com> said:

> Here is how I see it, and where some folks may disagree with me.   Rover
> limited is intended for new Rovers, or Rovers with LIMITED
> capabilities.    In my opinion, if you are capable of operating on
> microwave bands, or have 5 or more bands, then you have progressed
> beyond being a limited Rover and should be competing in the Classic or
> Unlimited categories.

I agree. Let's see the same happen for Limited Multi-Op.  :-)

> Mandatory grid circling comments:
>
> In my opinion...  Grid circling is not an ethical way of operating a
> contest.

What's "unethical" about it?  I can find no Commandment in the Biblical
sense that applies.  "Unethical" usually also implies "immoral", and I
just don't see it.  The contest rules need to SPECIFICALLY ban it, or
it's a valid strategy.  I don't personally LIKE the strategy, and it
sounds like you don't either... but that doesn't change the fact that
it's valid until banned.

Nate WY0X
--
  Nate Duehr