Re: [VHFcontesting] Frank K3UHF Story is priceless!

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Frank K3UHF Story is priceless!
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:16:57 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 5/27/09, Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com> wrote:

> "Should we try to grid circle just so we can be
> competitive?"

Let's see, if I need to be competitive to enjoy a contest, I would need to:

1. Move-aren't going to win anything from Southwest Oklahoma, there just isn't
the activity.

2. Divorce the wife and leave the daughter with her-they take too much time and
money away from the contest effort.  Make sure any required visitations occur
on non-contest weekends.

3. Go majorly in debt buying transverters, towers, antennas, IF rigs, better
coax-what the heck, that's the American way.  Look at the debt the current
administration has run up.

4. Make sure I have no social life on contest weekends.  Wouldn't want to waste
time talking on the telephone, seeing friends, going to Church, etc.  Plus all
of those activities would prevent me from working other stations, so they would
violate the spirit of the rules.

5. Ignore all other pleasuable activities I might want to do on a weekend.
Better not waste any time checking the baseball scores on ESPN, I could miss a
contact or 2.  Better forgo sleep and just struggle through work on Monday as
best as I can, after all, sleeping would violate the spirit of the rules.

However, this would be a small price to pay for enjoying a contest.

73s John AA5JG