Re: [VHFcontesting] Frank K3UHF Story is priceless!

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Frank K3UHF Story is priceless!
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:49:14 -0700 (PDT)
> Let's see, if I need to be competitive to enjoy a contest,
> I would need to:
>
> 1. Move-aren't going to win anything from Southwest
> Oklahoma, there just isn't the activity.

Are you NUTS?!?  You are perfectly located D-O-M-I-N-A-T-E in a contest, right
from the center of the continent.  Spend some quality time learning what you
need to in order to capitalize on your untapped resource.  It doesn't take tons
of money.

> 2. Divorce the wife and leave the daughter with her

Oh, that's absurd.  Nice troll, though.

> 3. Go majorly in debt buying transverters, towers,
> antennas, IF rigs, better coax-what the heck, that's the
> American way.

Refer back to my reply to #1.

> 4. Make sure I have no social life on contest weekends.

Well, duh.  Make sure that you HAVE a social life on the other 47 weekends of
the year, though.

> 5. Ignore all other pleasuable activities I might want to
>    do on a weekend.

Refer to reply to #4 above

> However, this would be a small price to pay for enjoying a
> contest.

Now, y'er cookin'! :)

Ev, W2EV