Re: [VHFcontesting] Good places for VHF Contesting?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Good places for VHF Contesting?
From: "STeve Andre'" <andres@msu.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 00:19:31 -0400
On Tuesday 04 August 2009 06:55:19 Renner, PY7RP wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I am making a study about good places for VHF Contesting.
> I wanna prove that there is a good place, the optimum place
> to setup a station and this place has the biggest probability
> of getting a good high score instead of others.
>
> The study of case is being made on the Brazilian VHF Contest
> called "CB144". The score formula is based on the sum of
> all distances between contacted grids, multiplied by the number
> of contacted stations.
>
> Has anyone ever saw any study like that?
>
> 73 Renner
> PY7RP

I have been thinking of this all day, and I don't see how you can make
a meaningful study of "good" places.  There are many variables which
will determine how well you do on a contest besides the physical
location, so I don't think you can quantify this.

One thing that all good places have in common is height for the
antennas.  Beyond that, things diverge.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82