Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover rules and criticisms

To: Jim Forsyth <mail@jimforsyth.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover rules and criticisms
From: Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:24:30 -0400
We go through this every single time and I can never get a decent answer to
a question.  If you want to pack-rove, what is wrong with being an Unlimited
Rover?

The answer is very simple guys.  Unlimited Rover is NOT A PUNISHMENT!!!  If
you pack rove, grid circle, or dance around with one foot in different
grids, have at it!  I want you to do that.  I want you to push your style of
roving to its limits.  I want you to experiment and get better each time.  I
want you to do this in the category that was created specifically for you
and that is Unlimited Rover.

The ARRL really screwed up when they failed to act on the VUAC's
recommendations on this.

Steve
K4GUN/R