Re: [VHFcontesting] Adding a band, which one?

To: Dave Clouser <Dave@NZ3M.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Adding a band, which one?
From: w8zn@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 16:52:14 +0000 (UTC)
Hands down, 222. Better coverage, more activity, better propagation, less
expensive, easier to install and maintain.

If you had a BIG 1296 station, it's possible to score higher on 1296 because
the ARRL hasn't figured out giving bonus points for upper bands is no longer
necessary. You will work more folks on 222.

If you already have a multimode rig for 6, 2 and 70cm, just use the 10m output
to drive a DEM or Elecraft transverter and you are there.

Terry