Re: [VHFcontesting] Assisted Classes

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <vhfcontesting-bounces@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Assisted Classes
From: "Dave, WV9E" <dave@wv9e.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 23:40:17 -0600
Hi all.

 Very interesting comments.  Some of which are quite correct.  Spotting on APRS
or whatever probably wont make much of a difference especially for those that
work from Metro areas with tons of "local" operators.  For me, working in a
valley bottom from
a small city blocked by bluffs in roughly 50 percent of directions, the
operators making contacts that repeat the grid they have worked,
ie "copy your en63" or what have you, are the biggest help.  I know, contesting
means moving fast and not wasting words/ air time.
While nothing takes the place of time in the chair and calling cq, or good
propagation, arguing about who is using illegal high power, or how others spot
or don't spot is probably pretty moot considering everyone probably has a pet
rule they would like to see added.  For me that's bonus points for living in a
black hole, the very hinde-end of VHF+ operation; not too likely to make it in
the rules.

In the end  I do agree that spotting should be allowed, it gives us small frys
a chance.

73,

Dave, WV9E

  Very well said, Tom. Excellent post, thanks.
  Bill W5WVO