Re: [VHFcontesting] Activity in the ARRL VHF Contests SInce 1991

To: <Jimk8mr@aol.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Activity in the ARRL VHF Contests SInce 1991
From: "Eugene Zimmerman" <ezimmerm@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 15:08:57 -0500
You make and have made some good points here Jim.

The multiple entry/operator is an anomoly that could easily be eliminated.
So long as you use an entirely separate station the rule should be the same
as it is for the HF SS.

Rule 1.2 is a sticky wicket. Beyond the hamfest situation it prevents a bus
full of operators using a single rover station to pile up points for a
friend - or a club for that matter. I don't see a way around that unless the
rules allow an exception for demonstation purposes such as you have
suggested.

I have no problem with manufactured QSOs so long as the mode demands it like
MS with FSK441. Small station EME schedules might be another such instance.
But I just don't like schedules on modes that don't need them like cw and
ssb tropo contacts. Or EME contacts between stations with sufficient antenna
and power now that we have various forms of MAP65. For that matter
essentially ALL ol our contacts above 2 meters are manufactured from
schedules on 2 and 6 meters. The last time I looked at a counter from K8GP
on 432 I saw less than 20 contacts as the result of over 4000 CQs and I had
well over 250 Qs total that weekend.

  _____