Re: [VHFcontesting] next step in 432

To: "Steve Sala" <k7awb@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] next step in 432
From: kb7dqh@donobi.net
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 11:37:54 -0700 (PDT)
> What is the next step in increasing your power on 432?  I have a Icom
> IC-910
> with 50 watts out and would like to increase it.  I see MFJ Mirage amps
> only
> go up to 100 watts on that band.   What's the next step before a Lunar
> Link?
>
> Steve K7AWB
> Nine Mile Falls, WA
> DN17es

Well if you are going to throw down the credit card then it will likely be
one of the TE systems "super bricks" like what I run in the Bus on 6 and
222...

Otherwise its "roll your own" unless someone else out there has a better
idea...

Might be some surplus UHF TV SSPA sections that could be hacked into the
432 band without too much difficulty provided its power supply requirement
isn't too weird...

Eric
KB7DQH