Re: [VHFcontesting] next step in 432

To: "Steve Sala" <k7awb@msn.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] next step in 432
From: "Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 18:55:12 -0000
TE Systems makes 13.8V 432 MHz amps with power output of 50, 100, and 175
watts, plus a 300 watt model that runs on 28V. Different models require
different amounts of input power to produce the rated output. See
http://www.tesystems.com/.

I'm sure other well-known amplifier brands carry mid-power level 432 amps as
well, but I've always had good luck with TE. You do have to watch the input
power, though, and not screw up, or use an appropriate attenuator in the
input feedline to protect the input stage of the amp from any possible
excess drive.

Bill W5WVO