Re: [VHFcontesting] Battery Question

To: Mark Adams <msadams60@gmail.com>, David All <n3xudfm19@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Battery Question
From: Andrew Glasbrenner <glasbrenner@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:04:35 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I've run a similar setup, but not with traditional wet cells. I recommend using
an Optima battery if it is going in the cab, and if it has any chance
whatsoever of being upended in an accident or in normal use. The Optimas are
sealed, and can be used in any orientation, and seem to last much longer than
standard wet cells. I exclusively use them for geophysical applications in my
work.

I have 2 D34Ms for our rover work, and half a dozen in rotation at work.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_products/bluetop/specs.php

73, Drew KO4MA