Re: [VHFcontesting] Internet assistance

To: VHF Contesting List <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Internet assistance
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:24:16 -0600
Multi-op stations can use the internet as long as they don't solicit
QSO's.  That's the category most ops who use spotting assistance in VHF
tests enter.

HF contests have a "ASSISTED" category for single ops, which means they can
monitor spotting nets, ect, but still CAN NOT actively solicit QSO's.

CQWW VHF now has a rule that allows ops to make basic announcements about
where they are calling CQ, ect.  Personally, I think the ARRL should
consider adding this rule to their VHF test.

Jay W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.