Re: [VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint

To: <BEAMAR@aol.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint
From: "Dave Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:15:29 -0400
Hi 2M Sprinters,
I will be banging away up around 144.210 or maybe a tad higher. I am always noting that there is a dearth of signals early on from many outlying areas, as everybody aims at the large population centers at the expense of place like Maine or Western NY. I always have trouble working the VE2s and VE3s as pointing their beams towards Maine is not very productive. When I work some of them, they peak due west from bouncing off the Adirondacks. They are aiming at NYC I guess. Ditto for stations way out to my West. I can understand the situation. Most of the signals come from populated areas. The normal routine is to point there and work out the band before you go looking elsewhere. My normal range for well equipped stations is about 500 miles. My LVA antenna covers the East Coast, while I park my 20 dBd rotating array out West and NW for Toronto and Montreal. I also have a four stack of fixed yagis aimed at Eastern Maine, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. I am checking all the directions right at the start of the Sprint with all 24 of my 2M beams, so please aim at FN43Mumbo Jumbo and get a contact!

73
Dave K1WHS
FN43MJ48
I think condx will be poor, but that is no excuse. Get on and stay on! Turn those beams!

-----Original Message----- From: BEAMAR@aol.com