Re: [VHFcontesting] LOTW and VHF

To: Herb Krumich <wa2fgk@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] LOTW and VHF
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:06:25 -0400
Hi Herb

If you have "been there, done that" as far as VHF challenges, then you may
as well sell all your gear, and enjoy your QSL collection.  Just kidding!
There is always new challenges to keep things interesting.

When you were just getting started, many folks who did not need your QSL
were happy to exchange cards with you, and I look at this as an opportunity
for us old timers to pay it forward, and help out the next generation.
LOTW is EASY, and I have confirmed a lot of QSOs via LOTW.  I figure it has
saved me a pile of money by not having to send paper cards, and I don't
have to store them.

I appreciate EVERY QSO, and QSLing via LOTW is a lot easier than paper
cards these days :-)  Time to join the club.

Tom - VE3CX