Re: [VHFcontesting] LOTW and VHF

To: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] LOTW and VHF
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:12:48 -0400
Domestic postage in Canada is now $1.15.  More to the U.S., and even more
everywhere else.  No discount for postcards.

Guess we just keep pointing out the advantages, and get folks to convert,
one at a time.

The good part is there is no expiry date.  QSO's can be uploaded to LOTW
any time - even years later, and they still count.
I was just thinking - the cost for 5BDXCC would be pretty much out of
sight.  I figure $5.00 for a card direct.  $2,00 for outgoing postage, two
envelopes, QSL card, $3.00 for return postage...  Times 500 cards (assuming
they all reply).  Then - send the cards out (more postage, return
postage...)
Basic VUCC would be in the $300-$400 range (just for cards).

Yes - cheaper with the bureau, but still a fair chunk of change just in
postage.

Long live LOTW!

Tom - VE3CX