Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] VUCC On Indoor Antennas [ Help with confirmati

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] VUCC On Indoor Antennas [ Help with confirmations ]
From: Jonesy W3DHJ via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 14:35:24 -0600 (MDT)
On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, Les Rayburn wrote:

> I'm grateful for each new grid, with or without the cards. The best
> part is coloring in that map on my shack wall.

I remember, in my early 6M days, seeing the "First Hop" donut develop
as I colored in the grid squares.  And, over time, seeing the "2ND Hop"
show up.

I use a yellow hi-lighter to color in the "just worked" grid square.
Later, after QSL confirmation, I use a blue hi-lighter to color over
the yellow square -- turning it an appropriate green.

Before I moved from DM68 9 years ago: 400+ worked, 390+ confirmed --
with just 10W and a 3 el. yagi.

Now, from DM78, I'm not so much a grid chaser.  Rather I turned to
working as Rover in the VHF contests.  There's always something new to
embrace in Amateur Radio!

OBTW: ARRL SEP VHF:   http://jonz.net/W3DHJ/vhfrover_plans.html
73
Jonesy