Re: [VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT100D problem on 6m

To: John Geiger <af5cc@fidmail.com>, "FT100@yahoogroups.com" <ft100@yahoogroups.com>, yaesu reflector <yaesu@mailman.qth.net>, VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, stanford reflector <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, 50mhz <50mhz@mailman.qth.net>, "6meter@yahoogroups.com" <6meter@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT100D problem on 6m
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 17:17:28 +0000
John, I had this problem with my FT100D (D model). I made the problem "go away"
by changing the length of the feedline.. I think I added a short piece of
cable, maybe a foot maybe 2.. It's all out in the rover right now which has 4
feet of snow covering it so I can't look (well I could but I ain't gonna)..
What is actually happening here I am not sure of.. The SWR on my 2 element Yagi
is close to flat but definitely NOT 1.00000:1 and I have not looked at the
output of the 100D to see how pure the spectrum is.. I discovered this "fix"
and went on to other problems.. hi!

bill, K1DY