Re: [VHFcontesting] Self-spotting

To: Rick R <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Self-spotting
From: Jarred Jackson <jarred.jackson@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:42:29 -0400
I used normal radio based APRS for awhile and APRS-IS from my phone when my HT
died. I had no feedback from anyone that they used it to track me. I made one
phone call to a friend that generated 3 contacts. I use my iPad with Internet
access to calculate bearings and find grid squares. However in one location I
had no data access. Other than the phone call and APRS-IS, everything else was
the same as last time. No interest at this time for anything else. Since its
just me in the car, it seems like I was busy enough without it. Calling CQ and
chasing guys on the bands seemed to work just fine for me. Glad that others
were doing the same.

KF2MR/R
FN02/03/12/13