Re: [VHFcontesting] Entering as a Mobile (/M) in Contests

To: jamesduffey@comcast.net, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Entering as a Mobile (/M) in Contests
From: peter h via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 01:45:35 -0400
16JUN15 0540utc

In my head, the only change to rules would be to permit Rover operation from
various locations in 1 or more grids, instead of needing to establish 2 way
communications from 2 or more grids. PERIOD!

There is nothing like a DM04/CM94 rove during the August UHF Contest and
despite advertising intents to operate from CM94, NO ONE was on the air. (Yes,
FM Broadcast stations from Santa Barbara to LA to Orange County to San Diego
were pounding in).

CCRs and substantial close in mountain ranges make it tough going for many
smaller stations who operate from a home QTH.

bt73Pete, N6ZE/K1FJM (Decades of VHF/UHF experiences from operating in New
England, Tidewater area, Miami, Los Angeles, & the PNW.
VUCC 6 & 2 Meters from both EL95 & DM04 and WAS on 6 Meters from DM04