Re: [VHFcontesting] Comments sought for new ARRL UHF Contest in May

To: N12614@aol.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Comments sought for new ARRL UHF Contest in May
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 09:35:43 -0600
Don -
On Apr 15, 2016, at 9:15 AM, you commented:

> And 6 Six-Digit-Grid-Square Locators eliminates ?run-n-gun? rover operations
> since I have to stop the rover-mobile to stay within the smaller location
> footprint.

The new rules don’t preclude run-n-gun operations, you just have to change the
grid exchange when you enter a new 6 grid. You don’t need to stay within the
same 6 grid when you rove. Of course, that 6 grid will change fairly often, so
you will need to keep an eye on the GPS or have a logging program that updates
the 6 grid automatically. This will make operating a rover while in motion more
demanding though.

What I expect may become a lot of effort, particularly in highly populated
ares, is the fixed stations working rovers in one 6 grid after another in the
same grid as they move further and further from the fixed station trying to
work at further and further distance and hence get more distance points.

Again, let the committee know your concerns. - Duffey KK6MC
--
KK6MC
James Duffey