Re: [VHFcontesting] Ionosphere Scatter

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Ionosphere Scatter
From: Roger Rehr W3SZ <w3sz73@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 12:11:13 -0400
Hi Sean,

Some years ago while looking for quantitative info on troposcatter for a
program that I was writing, I came across a 400+ page compendium on
Ionospheric Radio Propagation put out by the National Bureau of
Standards in 1965.

Chapter 8 of that volume discusses ionospheric scattering (as well as
some other topics) from a theoretical point of view.

If, like me, you are interested in how things work and how our knowledge
has progressed from a historical standpoint, you may find that chapter
interesting, as I did.

I put the publication online at:

http://w3sz.x10.mx/IonosphericRadioPropagation-Davies.pdf

I have "test-downloaded" it to make sure the link delivers the goods,
and it does.

Chapter 8 begins at page 360 of the pdf document.

By the way, ISCAT is also very useful for aircraft scatter.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ