Re: [VHFcontesting] Logging Rovers vs the log checking robots

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Logging Rovers vs the log checking robots
From: Tom Carney <wa4qvq@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 13:37:42 -0800
Correct, LOTW will not match a QSO if one of you uploads with the /R and
the other station does not.

I upload with a separate certificate using /R.  About once a year I do a
search for contacts with unconfirmed grids where I was a rover and the
other station is listed as a LOTW used but the contact has not been
confirmed.  When I find one, I upload the QSO again using my call without
the /R.   Get a confirmation about half the time.

73,

Tom K6EU aka K6EU/R