[VHFcontesting] Pat Dyer, WA5IYX--Propagation Researcher-SK

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Pat Dyer, WA5IYX--Propagation Researcher-SK
From: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 13:38:57 +0000
Sorry to hear this.  Pat was a premier student of ionospheric studies, and his
meticulous records of sporadic-E openings helped many in VHF propagation
research. He often contributed commentary to the WA50 including a detailed
analysis of the November 9, 2013 NA F2 opening on 50 MHz. He did all this with
a very modest station. I often exchanged e-mails with Pat and visited with him
at Central States. A true citizen-scientist, as Les aptly notes.

An aside, my father William C. Jones, WØFN passed away this week on January 11
at the age of 90. He got me started on VHF with his Heathkit "Sixer."

73 -- Jon K. Jones  QST WA50